Tuesday 30 July 2013

If you're squeamish look away now!!

On Thursday night my underarm around where the lymph node removal scar is was really sore ........ infact it was down right painful .....to touch as well as lift my arm.!! Now I was blogging at the time but decided to take a look when I'd finished my last post........ whilst I ran the bath I tried to have a look ........... now bearing in mind that I'd taken my contact lenses out and am blind as a bat I really couldn't see much but the scar looked very red and a small area felt hard and sore........

Shit, shit, shit, surely so long after my op this couldn't be a side affect. Surely not? Could it be something to do with the radio therapy??

Oh bum is it the start of lymphoedema ...... not really taken much notice of that chapter in my folder, can't remember if it can occur at any time after having lymph nodes removed.

Oh well .... no point in worrying now.... will see how it is in the morning, if I stick my head in the sand it will hopefully go away!

............... So I had my bath and went to bed ........ OH was already asleep so I couldn't mention it to him.......... probably just as well as the sweats started ............ so duvet off, sheet on .......sleep for an hour ......... need a pee .........drink a pint of water..... back under duvet as cooled down ....... sleep for a couple of hours ....... wake up in a sweat so duvet off, sheet on........ drink a pint of water ....more sleep. Bollocks just heard the boiler start up ...... it must be 05.55 oh gawd its stopped...... shit don't tell me we've run out of oil or it needs servicing ......... oh its back on again ....phew. aaarrr the clock is flashing, that was a power cut.......

Bloody hell no wonder I'm knackered .....

Anyway might as well get up for another pee .......
As I sat on the loo I decided to have a look under my arm as it was still sore, because I'm so myopic I twisted the sore bit towards me and SPLAT ..... a load of pus shot out from above the lymph scar ....... woo hoo its a boil!!!!!

Ok so I can hear the disgust from you all from here but I've always loved squeezing spots and I haven't had the pleasure in years of something going splat!!!

I had a dilemma .... should I leave it as I knew full well that being so close to my op site I shouldn't be interfering with it but then again I really didn't want the hassle of going to the surgery or having to take more pills so I had another crafty squeeze and hoped for the best!!

Right decision ........... its cleared up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment