Wednesday 24 July 2013

I needed a hot water bottle!

Plans, plans, plans ....... what's the use of plans????

Not a lot where the bastard cancer is concerned!

On Friday we were up fairly early as like Thursday morning the bloody magpies and crows were making a racket. After delivering eggs across the valley we headed off to Holsworthy ........... after about five minutes into the journey I started to feel sick (and no this time it wasn't anything to do with OH's driving!!) and felt so hot that I thought I might explode. Also my legs ached from thigh to toe .... really, really ached. After a few more minutes I mentioned it to OH who offered to turn round but as we were nearly there it seemed silly to.

I have never gone round Waitrose so fast in all my life ...... got to the checkout, grabbed the car keys and left OH to pay!!

I sat in the car ready to explode and or throw up. Luckly there was a carrier bag on the floor which had had the eggs in for such a purpose!! (the throwing up that is .... exploding isn't that easily contained I'm led to believe) and OH had bought a small bottle of water with him which still had a bit in that I drained.

It seemed like ages although I don't think it was when OH appeared.......... all the way home he kept saying 'nearly there' which was lovely of him but unfortunately I knew where we were and six miles, four miles, two miles etc is along way when you want to explode or be sick!!

Hooray we got home....... luckly without having to reverse for anyone in the lane and I rushed upstairs and threw myself on the bed.

Now! bearing in mind that it was around 30C and during the siestas I've been having during radio therapy I just lay on the bed with my clothes on and on these hot summer nights I sleep with just a sheet on me I lay on top of the covers in my trousers and t -shirt and realised that I was cold.
I got under the duvet and assumed I'd warm up.

Wrong.......

OH came up with a cold bottle of water ....... too cold for me to drink......

After about half an hour OH came to check on me and asked if I wanted a hot water bottle .....

What???? .......... Don't be ridiculous ............ its 30C ....... but I need tap water .... lots of it ......

When he popped in again I ordered the hot water bottle!!

Now, I thought that within minutes of hugging it I'd be warmed up and feel fine............

Wrong....

My legs ached so much and I just couldn't get my feet warm....

........ and I drank gallons of water..

So .......to cut a long story short I eventually warmed up and by 1.30pm felt well enough to get up for a bit of lunch!!

During the afternoon I did some cooking as we had friends coming on Saturday for Pimms o'clock and lunch but after a while the leg ache came back and I had to go back to bed......

Despite not sleeping well I felt so much better on Saturday morning that I cooked like mad to catch up........

I love five hour lunches in the garden, don't you??? ....

......We had a fab time and I didn't need a siesta!!

Oh P.S. I'm still hanging loose!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment