Tuesday 11 June 2013

Shut up!

For weeks I've been dreading today .......... infact since my op I've been hoping that my radio therapy would be in full flow now and then it would mean that  OH and I wouldn't have to keep todays appointment.

All the way on the 25 minute journey I was feeling nervous ...... my mouth was dry and I had butterflies .........

Even going for my op I didn't feel like this......

.....at least this was a trip to Bideford so I didn't have the added worry of OH's lane discipline or lack of it!!!

There was only a few minutes wait so I didn't have much of a chance to read the back copies of country living before I was called in..................

............... to see the dentist!

I hate going to the dentist ..... stupid I know and for goodness sake todays visit was just a 6 monthly check up BUT I still hate going.
Even after all the bastard cancer appointments and even the op this was worse.

Of course Mr P. asked how I was and as usual my automatic response was fine thanks ....

But of course thats not true at the moment so I mentioned the bastard cancer.

His response after saying sorry to hear about it and hopefully its been caught early  was .... to go on about how cancer treatments and drugs affect the mouth causing dryness, and ulcers and also means a great breeding ground for bacteria and infection blah blah blah.....

SHUT UP!

I really didn't need to hear that and if I hadn't got a chipped tooth which needs sorting I would have left!

As he examined my mouth he added well as a non smoker you're less likely to get mouth cancer ....

Oh thanks very much that has really cheered me up!

Anyway I've got to go back for this tooth to be fixed.........

 I've made the appointment for August.

No comments:

Post a Comment