Friday 18 October 2013

Update

When I wrote about my memory loss, I had so many lovely messages from people.......  a lot said it was due to the stress of what I'd been through and others made me laugh about how they were having similar problems and weren't even taking tamoxifen!

It made me feel so much better...

Once I'd told you all about it, my memory then seemed to improve......

Coincidence?? ....... dunno

No doubt my medical records now have me marked as insane after mentioning it to two Doctors but hey ho I think I was anyway!!!

Last week I had the WI talk I was dreading as it was at the previous one that I forgot my words and made me feel that the tamoxifen was causing it and had to ask OH what words I was looking for!

So how did you get on??? I hear you cry!

Well apart from the fact that they didn't tell me when I was booked that there was no parking at the hall or nearby..............

I was in a complete tiz and stressed when I arrived as it was dark and all the streets were residents parking only so I had no idea where to abandon the car ..........thank goodness OH had decided to come with me at the last minute as I think I'd have just turned round and gone home if I'd been on my own!

It wasn't the best of starts and I was pretty uptight as I began my talk .........

however ...... I didn't forget any words and didn't once have to turn to OH for help!

My memory still isn't what it was but there is definitely improvement ..........

Was I over reacting before ???? No! I definitely had a problem......

Was it stress??? maybe....

Are the tamoxifen responsible?? ....... dunno the jury is still out.......


In other news......

I am now taking my tamoxifen when I go to bed and to date haven't forgotten it .....

The infection cleared up pretty tout suite with the last lot of penicillin and I haven't found anymore ingrowing hairs nee stitches!!!

The insomnia hasn't been too bad recently (probably speaking too soon now!) but I'm generally managing nearly five hours sleep instead of three .......and the hot flushes have stopped!

Have I missed anything??

No don't think so ......

You're now up to date with my world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment