Wednesday 12 March 2014

The music is fading and the dance is nearly over.......

Well it looks like its almost time to say good bye .........


You lovely readers have stuck with me through thick and thin over this last year but I can hear the music fading and my dance is nearly over ................. we are going to have to go our separate ways very soon......... however the thought of it makes me sad.


Sad?


What do you mean sad? I hear you cry .....


...... just last week Oncology said they would see you in 12 months time ... so that's got to be good news? Hasn't it?


(Oh yes two days later they sent me an appointment for 3rd March 2015)


......... You should be happy ...... you've kicked the bastard cancer into touch.


Of course I am, however when I started this blog I had absolutely no idea of the cathartic release I would have from writing it nor the impact it would have on others. In fact I had no idea if it would even been read by anyone. In my naïve mind I assumed maybe a few friends would look at it every now and then! I also thought we'd all be done by July and life would be back to normal!!!!


Ha ha ......  how we live and learn!


So I'm sad that I won't have anything to write about anymore ..........maybe a strange thing to say but I've enjoyed writing it ....... well really its always written itself and like tonight when I've felt the need to talk to you its just happened!


You may be wondering why I don't just cut the cord and be done with it.
Well, I'm still lingering because until I have my yearly mammogram and results I can't put my mind at rest ............ its due every March for the next 5 years.
So at the moment I'm like a lovesick teenager every time the post man delivers, I'm rushing to check the post................


I'm really showing my age now aren't I? I guess in this day and age lovesick teenagers are glued to their phones waiting for a text!!!


How times change.................




No comments:

Post a Comment